Prosthetic Dentistry/Restoration and Replacement of Teeth
The Stamford Dental Group team includes Prosthodontic specialists with significant postgraduate training and experience in implants and reconstructive dentistry. Missing teeth can compromise your appearance, speech, ability to chew, and overall quality of life. Furthermore, when teeth are missing, remaining teeth shift out of place to compensate. This alters the occlusion, how upper and lower teeth fit together, which can cause chewing problems, malnutrition, pain, and misaligned teeth in your smile. At your consultation, we will assess your dental needs and discuss treatment options that will work best for your lifestyle and budget.
- Crown & Bridgework
- Dental Implants
- Teeth in a Day ( all-on-4, Diem)
- Mini Dental Implants
- Overdentures/Implant-Retained Dentures
Your teeth must be functional, healthy, and strong. However, we also understand the importance of a beautiful smile. Our dentists will help maintain the integrity of your white, straight, natural looking teeth when designing your restorations. With white fillings and crowns, as well as modern cosmetic procedures such as teeth whitening, porcelain veneers, and Invisalign clear braces, we can give you a healthy, unforgettable smile designed to last a lifetime.
- Cosmetic Bonding
- Full-Mouth Reconstruction
- Invisalign Clear Braces
- One-Visit CEREC Porcelain Crowns
- Porcelain Veneers & Laminates
- Smile Design / Makeovers
- Teeth Whitening
- TMJ Therapy
- White Fillings, Crowns, Inlays, & Onlays
To ensure your comfort and precision in the dental work we provide, Stamford Dental Group has incorporated contemporary technology into our office. We rely on digital tools, computers, and laser dentistry that we have found to be extremely reliable and virtually pain free. During dental procedures, you can watch a movie with our video classes and noise-reduction headphones. In addition, patients who require lengthy procedures, those that do not respond well to traditional anesthesia, and fearful patients should ask us about oral conscious sedation for total peace of mind and body.
- Chairside Monitors
- DIAGNOdent (laser) Cavity Detection
- Digital X-Rays with Minimal Radiation
- Intraoral Camera
- Oral Conscious Sedation
- Cone Beam CT (minimal radiation)
- Soft-Tissue Laser
- Video Cavity Detection
At Stamford Dental Group we strive to obtain and maintain optimal dental health by detecting any signs of inflammation of the gums. This inflammation can be mild (gingivitis) to severe (periodontal disease)
A healthy mouth has no inflammation. Gingivitis is prevalent in 75- 80% of Americans over 35 years. Early detection and prevention is our main objective.
- Gingivitis is mild inflammation of the tissue surrounding the tooth and this is REVERSIBLE. Untreated gingivitis progresses to periodontal disease.
- Periodontal Disease is advanced infection to surrounding tissues, bone and supportive ligaments around the tooth. If left untreated the infection spreads to other teeth and eventually effects your general health. Periodontal disease has been linked to diabetes, heart disease and Alzheimer’s disease. Periodontal disease is NOT REVERSIBLE.
The hygiene department of Stamford Dental Group is highly trained and very conscientious in treating all stages of gum infection. We recommend appropriate, individualized non-surgical treatment to address each stage of healing and then discuss your maintenance program. We have also had great success with soft tissue laser therapy (with almost no post treatment discomfort) as well as localized medications that treat the specific area.
Recommendations for our patients vary individually, by recommending the appropriate treatment and interval of maintenance for (2, 3, 4, or 6 months). We may also recommend several different brushes, rinses (RX fluoride and Chlorhexidine Gluconate) and vitamins to maintain the health of your oral tissues.
At Stamford Dental Group, we believe that dental implants offer the best form of tooth replacement available today. Copying nature’s design, dental implants offer strength, stability, durability, and security. They improve function and protect your oral health. With dental implants, you have a second chance at a beautiful and functional smile.
If you are about to loose your teeth or have problems with dentures, you should definitely consider this option. With this treatment, four implant posts will be strategically placed so that they can support a complete set of replacement teeth. Teeth in a day treatment has the following benefits:
- Shorter recovery time than with traditional dental implants
- Shortens overall treatment time, too
- Lower cost than traditional dental implants
- Generally does not require bone grafting
- Returns function, allowing you to eat all the foods you love
- Permanent tooth replacement, so no denture hassles
- Supports jawbone health
- Supports natural facial shape to avoid sag
Dr. DeGrado will plan out your treatment prior to your procedure with very precise Cone Beam CT at our office. The day of the treatment, you can walk into our office, have any required tooth extractions performed, dental implants placed, and a new set of replacement teeth placed in the same day. Do not make any implant decisions without first looking at this revolutionary technology! Call today for your complementary consultation. (We welcome second opinions at no cost to you).